If you’ve been following along with the new season of Jury Duty, you may have heard that we have been exploring ways to enable our listeners to get more content without commercial interruption. Today, we have an update for you — Jury Duty and Crime Story have created a Patreon page and that page is live. You can now officially sign up to be a patron of our work!
So, what’s in it for you? Here are the benefits that we’re offering patrons right now, but you can expect to see more perks coming your way as we grow our lineup of shows and content.
- Exclusive Access to the Full Crime Story Catalog – We’re going to be moving away from Simplecast, the platform we’ve been using to host The Crime Story Podcast, and migrate everything over to Patreon. Moving forward, all of our Crime Story Podcast content will be available to patrons exclusively via Patreon.
- Completely Ad-free Episodes of Jury Duty – As worthy as our sponsors may be, as a patron, you won’t have to deal with ads. All of our Jury Duty episodes will be available to you completely ad-free! That’s every installment of our coverage of the trials of Robert Durst, the men who killed Ahmaud Arbery, and Kyle Rittenhouse without any commercials.
- Exclusive Access to Our Storyteller Interviews – I’ve had the honor of interviewing several ground-breaking, award-winning storytellers over the years, and I’ve created a series exclusive to patrons that include these interviews. From The Wire and We Own This City creators David Simon and George Pelecanos to Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad and David Chase of The Sopranos, you can find dozens of these interviews exclusively on Patreon.
- Exclusive Access to All of Our Amanda Knox Projects – In the aftermath of her wrongful imprisonment for murder, Amanda Knox has emerged as a journalist, a critic, and an advocate for a better and more humane criminal legal process. In that capacity, she has contributed dozens of pieces to Crime Story, and they are all now exclusively available to our patrons.
- Exclusive Access to Judge Katherine Mader’s INSIDE THE ROBE – Judge Katherine Mader spent decades as a judge in a criminal court, was the LAPD’s first Inspector General, a prosecutor in two murder-for-hire trials, and a defense attorney who successfully argued to spare the life of the Hillside Strangler. From her perch behind the bench, Judge Mader witnessed a parade of drug addicts, gang members, mentally ill defendants, pricey private attorneys ranging from brilliant to incompetent, jaded prosecutors, and starry-eyed true believer public defenders. Never before has the judging profession been laid bare for all to see. Hear Judge Mader read her book in her own words.
“This is a perfect book: engrossingly entertaining and telling at the same time. You think you know how the courts and the justice system works? Take a walk through the halls of justice with Judge Mader and you will see the unvarnished truth, both good and bad. This book literally held me hostage until the very last page.” — Michael Connelly, author of Fair Warning
To sign up and become a patron, head to our official Crime Story Media Patreon Page.
We have a small but nimble team working behind the scenes here at Crime Story Media, and there’s so much more we’re looking to share with you in the coming years. On behalf of my team, I just want to say thank you for all of the support you’ve shown us since I started Crime Story Media back in 2019. You make it possible for us to do what we enjoy doing, and we wouldn’t be here today without you. And with your continued support, we’ll be able to keep developing the hard-hitting, in-depth criminal justice content that you know and love!